Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year everyone

The calendar Val sent me from Chatsworth House knew it was the end of the year. It fell off the wall of its own accord on Dec 31. I barely noticed, I was that busy cooking turkey roll, stuffing and baked potatoes, not to mention the plum and apple pie, and the salmon dip. I had to get it all done and packed in the car in time for me to reach Milson's Point before they closed the roads at noon for the fireworks. Luckily the traffic was light even though it comprised the dithery weekend drivers, uugh!!!!

Had to have a lie down when I reached the penthouse (for those in the know it's the same place Maxine & Dirk got married and where I had my 70th birthday.)

When Skye awoke from her nap Maxine and I took her and the dog Mono for a walk to nearby Bradfrield Park. (the same place you and I watched the fireworks from Maxine [sis] a couple of years ago.) Security was already set up and people were staking their patches complete with tents and champagne... only 10 hours to midnight! 

Maxine patrolled the park with the dog while I took Skye into the play area. When she cnme back Maxine said people mistook Mono for a Sniffer dog!!! The weather was clearing and looked promising.

I had a call from Cris and Eddie who were on the road to Tamworth for a few days.Tamworth is inland, famous for its country music festival, not a top holiday destination usually  but Ed picked it because it was the wartmes, sunniest place on the weather map.

After Skye went to bed we drank and feasted until it was time for the first fireworks at 9pm. Lovely show, and  I got good video footage. then it was time for pie and a cup of strong coffee so I could stay awake. Meanwhile bleow us Luna Park rocked on with a terrible band booming away at full pitch.

Some friends joined us at ten pm (Eric & Barry say hi David) and we went back on the roof with more champagne for the most spectacular show. The theme is 'a time to dream' and 'hope' which was reflected in the fireworks, more variety of colours and little clouds like thought bubbles every now and again. Great stuff.

Trying to sleep afterwards was a fool's game. They were still partying hard at Luna Park. and the apartment has a lot of big windows. Never mind. It was worth it.

Happy New Year to one and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment